Recent content by croosr

  1. C

    Turbo charging a SS Impala

    Call Lingenfelter in Indiana. He has a great twin turbo setup for Corvettes. I bet he could fix you right up. Just bring lots of $$$. Good luck. Howard
  2. C

    Overboost - why?

    Yeah, a sticky wastegate is a good shot. My WG would be stuck after each cold start. I'd play with the throttle to bring the boost up to 15psi a few times and finally the WG would free up and then would operate normally, until the next cold start. The 'Dig high temp lube fix' helped, but...
  3. C

    lock up TC swith..

    Mark, When you do the 2-3 shift manually with TC locked, what rpm / mph do you make the shift? Based on my rpm / mph chart for locked TC, it looks like ~4600 rpm / ~62 mph is about right to keep the motor from being pulled down too far on the 2-3 shift. What's your experience on this...
  4. C

    lock up TC swith..

    Quote: "I lock it before the run, it engages on the 1-2 shift." Mark, I've put together a chart showing the rpm vs road speed for both lock and unlock TC. The TC lock on the 1-2 shift looks good, but it looks like the 2-3 shift with TC locked really drags the motor down below the peak torque...
  5. C

    lock up TC swith..

  6. C

    Put '02 FireHawk or Camaro SS rims on my Sy? Taking poll

    What's the story on the spacers needed for the ten spoke Camaro SS wheels? I recall Mike's Syclone used 1.25" spacers on the rear, and nothing on the front. I just got off the phone with SLP and they said I would need spacers on both front AND back??? What's the real story? Are the spacers...
  7. C

    Video of my truck on AWD dyno

    The video and audio are GREAT!! What were your AWHP & AWT numbers without the driveline loss correction? What factor was used for driveline loss? Based on the graph of your results, it looks like the RPM @ peak HP is close to the advertised number for the stock motor. The peak torque occurs...
  8. C

    Traction Lift Bars

    The GNX used a type of ladder bar attached to the frame near the transmission. This was quite effective in controlling rear axle wrap up and wheel hop during hard launches. When you brake torque the motor, the rear of the vehicle actually raises up somewhat due to the ladder bar reacting the...
  9. C

    Wheel Hop

    Hey Gabe, Great numbers. You might try the Bilstein HD shocks. I switched to these recently and they seem to be a good compromise between control and ride. They are a big improvement over the what was on before. The Bilstein Sport shocks are stiffer. Some guys have said they are too stiff...
  10. C

    Traction bars/slide a link

    How much preload do you Caltrac users have dialed in? I've got mine set at about a quarter turn. I noticed that the ride is quite a bit stiffer this way. I'm thinking of backing off on the adjustment to either zero preload, or maybe even a slight gap. What do you all think is best? Thanks...
  11. C

    should i put in a 9/11?

    A higher stall TC is probably a good idea on any SyTy. With a bigger turbo, it's almost a necessity. This really helps turbo spool up during transcient throttle slams. It helps the motor move into the power band much quicker. The 9 / 11 torque converter is one of the most popular TC...
  12. C

    Dead Speedo

    Falco, You win the prize. The problem was a broken wire at the connecter that plugs into the DRAC on the back (front?) of the ECM. I've had the ECM pulled out for a while because I've been messing around with different custom chips. I guess the speedo wire was the shortest and was under some...
  13. C

    Dead Speedo

    My speedometer seems to have died. I was cruising home from work yesterday afternoon and noticed that my speedometer was reading 0 mph. I has worked fine previously. Is there a standard fix for this? Is this a common problem? Do I have to rip the dash apart? I'd appreciate any help...
  14. C

    Will these wheels fit our trucks?

    Sooo, do we deal directly with SLP? Who is the contact person there? I spoke with someone on Monday, who apparently had been talking to some SyTy folks. When I said I was going to put them on a Typhoon, he indicated there had been some recent telephone traffic about this. Also, I checked on...
  15. C

    Will these wheels fit our trucks?

    Thanks Mike. Where's a good place to get the necessary 1.25 inch billet aluminum spacers? Howard
Top