Recent content by 93 Black/Blk TY

  1. 9

    Sy/Ty front suspension????

    The front end looks just like the Astro Van. I have a 96 AWD Van and a 93 Ty. The torison bars do look different and the sway bar on the Ty is 32mm vs: 28mm on Van. You should be able to look up in the parts manual for comparison of parts.
  2. 9

    Help-Driver Door Lock

    PLOBLEM SOLVED. The Receiver in the book is WRONG for my 93 Typhoon. The correct receiver is the part number of the one that was in the car. The wire diagram in the book showing a double connector going to the receiver is incorrect. NOW, DON'T BUY A NEW RECEIVER IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I fixed...
  3. 9

    Stumble and stall at idle!!!!!FUCK???

    1. One easy way to find vacuum leak(s) cheap, is a can of carb cleaner. Your post states you had some gaskets missing that you have now installed. A can of carb cleaner can help locate intake leakes at idle. Because the engine is Turbo charged you my have blown out some other inlet gaskets. Take...
  4. 9

    Help-Driver Door Lock

    Update: The receiver that was in the Typhoon was for a Old's. Bravada. I tried a new one on Friday and it did not work. (Same Problem) I have special ordered the part number for Typhoon and it will be here Monday. Stay tuned, for final results.
  5. 9

    Help-Driver Door Lock

    I think I am getting to the bottom of this Keyless Entry Fobs. I followed the GM diagnostic proceedures and this proceedure shows the receiver is bad. It had a test of the brown wire to ground at the receiver and if the door lock, "Locked" then the receiver was bad. The LH door lock worked...
  6. 9

    Help-Driver Door Lock

    Thanks for the response. I think that the problem might be a fault of the receiver in the back of the console. It appears that the system works through this receiver and maybe the loss voltage is due to the wiring to and from this receiver. I hope someone else has solved this problem. Garry
  7. 9

    Help-Driver Door Lock

    My 93 Ty has had a problem for years with the drivers door lock only working intermittently but only to the lock position. The unlock works every time. It does not matter if you use the switch on the door or the remote transmitter. I replaced the accuator, then the door relay switch. Neither...
  8. 9

    WHYWHYWHY!!!

    What is a Scan Tool and what do they do?
Top